Monday, September 24, 2007

Trying to make time

I haven't forgotten about this blog, but it's fallen to the side a little as I'm having trouble keeping up with much of anything lately. I have some major life decisions that must be dealt with, a house that's in desperate need of maintenance and cleaning, and plenty of other less daunting things, but I'm not accomplishing much toward any of those things... but hopefully soon. A plan is in place for a few changes, so we'll see how that goes over the next couple weeks.

In the meantime, I'm spending my days trying to get enough fluids in Braska to keep her hydrated without overfilling her belly. (FYI...in case you don't follow her blog, we did go through with the G-tube procedure two weeks ago today.) It's hard to know how much she needs since she gives no cues, just sits there and talks while we put the milk right into the stomach. She's still sleeping well, which is a blessing, so that's good. In between milk feedings, I work with her on oral feedings, and that's a long process. So really, the whole day is all about feeding her, or cleaning up from feeding, or prepping for the next feeding...and a few diaper changes in there too. Add in therapy three times a week, weight checks once a week, and still trying to find time to make two adult meals a day, and where does the time go?

So I've got things I'll be addressing soon, some stories I've been meaning to get into a readable form, and I hope I can make it happen in the schedule soon.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments! I love the feedback!