Wednesday, October 10, 2007

31 for 21: The first straw

Today brought a visit from Louise, our speech/feeding therapist. She started working on teaching Braska to drink with a straw. The initial signs are good; she forms her lips around the straw really well, so Louise said we're off to a good start. There's no sucking, of course, but we've got an action plan. She also gave some encouragement regarding Braska's eating and speech habits already that show strength in her jaw and control of her mouth that will bode very well for us as we move forward. I feel like there was more to it that I was going to report, but now it's left my mind. But it was good...I'll just hang with that.

2 comments:

  1. That's great news! She'll be sucking on that straw in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great title. I love it. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love the feedback!