First, just watch. Really. If you even know an inkling about Braska do NOT miss this.
I won’t say much, as I don’t have time to share the whole story. But here’s the highlights.
- Last Friday, new eyes on B for a behavioral feeding consult. New protocol given.
- For the last 7 days, we’ve rearranged pretty much everything to abide by the new protocol (including 45 mins 3 x day for focused work). I admit I’ve missed a couple I just couldn’t figure out how to avoid.
- Today at lunch she did really well eating her little tiny squares of graham cracker. So I thought it wouldn’t be to far a jump to cheerios.
- She was watching Sesame Street this evening, and I handed her a cup of milk and a little cup of cheerios and told her to practice her crunchies.
- It took some prompting, but she took one each time, chewed it, and kept it in.
Read that one again right up there…. that is BIG in our world! HUGE!!!!!
So I had her sit up where I could get video for her feeding team, and she cooperated pretty well. I can’t believe it, but we’re celebrating here!
(By the way, it’s still VERY new that she just handles a straw cup like a pro. So the combination, looking so “normal,” is just about overwhelming! Long way to go still, but hooray!)