Friday, August 16, 2013

Procrastinating about bifocals

I noticed recently that I was holding my phone farther away from me in order to see things clearly…. especially when I was looking at documents or spreadsheets on that little screen.  (yes, spreadsheets.)

So today I went to have my eyes checked. I thought it had been a little over a year since my last visit.

No. It was 4 years ago.

And I’m turning 40 two months from tomorrow.  It’s about time, yes indeed.

So wouldn’t you know, I only need a little help with my vision, which is good. But when they recommended bifocals it just seemed weird.   Very weird.

After chatting with the vision center manager, who is also a DS mom friend, I decided to try the “readers” route first, to see how that went, since I only need them when working very closely. Not even for the computer… 

rkglasses

Why not go for the red, right? 

The optometrist assures me I’ll lose a couple pairs of readers then I’ll get over the bifocal fear and deal with that as my reality.  We shall see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love the feedback!